InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Thunder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AblazeInHatred
Pleb
Pleb

War Thunder Empty
PostSubject: War Thunder   War Thunder EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 am

I wrote to you on youtube as well, maybe now i'll get more people interested including you. There is a new game that is coming out and is currently in open Beta, as the title suggests it's called War Thunder and it's a free to play MMO, the game is based as MoW in the WWII setting so people that are intrested in history or are greatly intrested of that particular period should check it out. The game at the end of it's development will incorporate all aspects of war(naval, aviation and land) somewhat like Planetside 2, for now it just includes the Air Forces and it's doing a great job of that so far, it's very realistic, planes have a very interesting damage system and they are supposedly very accurately designed in the game to match their real life performances such as turning rate, climb rate, speed, weaknesses to different parts, armament etc. For those interested in variety you will find your place there, i think Germany has at least 50 planes and all of them can be customized with different armaments, decals, paint jobs which can and will be unlocked. For those interested in other nations you can also play as USA, Great Britain, USSR and Japan all of which have their own historically accurate planes(until the other aspects of war are included). If you are wondering about payment methods and balance between those who pay and the ones who don't i can assure you that there is no huge difference. There are 1-2 planes at each faction that you can unlock only by paying but they do not give you a edge in combat. You can buy exp and in game currency but these will not affect the players that do not do this because gameplay is organised in brackets, for exmple players from lvl 1-4 are in one bracket, 5-10 are in another. So whatever you do you will always be challenged by people that are equal in lvl.

You can post questions here and if you try it, please leave your first impressions.

Anyway check it out everybody go to their website which i can't post here but you can google warthunder.com for more information and to create an account. The game dwl in one h for me but that depends on your internet connection. You can add me as a friend i go by the alias Midnattsol and if i'm on i will certainly help you with other information.

PS: DO THE TUTORIAL!
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

War Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Thunder   War Thunder EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 am

I've also gotten into WarThunder, and I've found it's a very user friendly but realistic feeling game. It's not as simulator-like as IL-2 Sturmovik, but it's a fairly realistic game, and they have historical battles and realistic mode, both of which are more simulator-like. I have found it very easy to jump in to, and a BLAST to play with your friends. Check it out for sure! I might record some gameplay, and I'll post it if I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

War Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Thunder   War Thunder EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 am

mmm needs infantry for me. I don't find vehicle combat as interesting or intense or team worky.

Will be another game restricted by how good the netcode is. Trailer spouts battling hundreds of players at a time but there is a difference between 100 people connected to the server and 100 people actually battling in the same place.

Youtube gameplay videos show only a few planes fighting and that is in a montage. Now I know it is possible after playing MAG to have huge battles but I think it's going to be another disappointing netcode which won't support it when it comes to the crunch. Just like planetside 2 fails to get big battles looking like what big battles should play out like instead of big huge vehicular convoy crush fest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Thunder   War Thunder Empty

Back to top Go down

War Thunder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InukiTV :: Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: