InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League table website?

Go down 
+2
triumph
djpotter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
djpotter
Pleb
Pleb

League table website? Empty
PostSubject: League table website?   League table website? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you'd thought about the possibility of having a league table script / website for your MoWAS league?

There's plenty of templates / free site builder pages available online to help set one up.

It would give an at a glance indication of where people are at, and some even have the ability to easily record who has played who, results and analyse stats etc.

Just a thought - I know it'd be alot of work, but might be worth it.

djpotter83
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Before I even consider doing something in depth I need to see some game spam going on, Otherwise there is no proof that there is something worth more time spent.
Back to top Go down
djpotter
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Yeah   League table website? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I see where you're coming from... but you could always delegate to someone else once you have a few more matches played? A lower-risk strategy for you...

It was a 'blue-sky' idea really... just dreaming dreams!
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am

djpotter wrote:
I see where you're coming from... but you could always delegate to someone else once you have a few more matches played? A lower-risk strategy for you...

It was a 'blue-sky' idea really... just dreaming dreams!

I don't mean to bite your head off.

Hey, if we had replays I would be running a section on gamereplays.
It's just a matter of what is there and the gamer demand for additional community tools.
Back to top Go down
Carl_the_blue
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 am

It kind of works both ways. Having a table animates ppl to play more too. You could get a little staff of around four ppl to help you on on this league so all of the tournament admins have less work to do. You could make a simple bb coded table in this forum section. One of the admins just collects the score of valid games and passes it on to the other admin who keeps the table up to date.

something simple like this (copy-pasted from a different leauge in a different game but still forumbases organised: http://174.142.207.52/index.php/topic,219480.0.html ):

POS = League Position
P = Matches Played
W = Matches Won
D = Matches Drawn
L = Matches Lost
F = Rounds For
A = Rounds Against
RD = Round Difference
PTS = Points

[tr][td]
POS

Name PWDLFARDPTS
Player G 00-00 000
Player A 00-00 000
Player D 00-00 000
Player F 00-00 000
Player T 00-00 000

Player S 00-000 00

Player C 00-00 000
Player X 00-00 000

As you can see im not that good at it.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:30 am

If you can help and can be trusted then go ahead and get involved! I was going to animate the league table after every game I record but since there is no updated table I cannot do that.
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 am

I never tried to use it. Could be helpful, maybe.

http://challonge.com/
Back to top Go down
Carl_the_blue
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 am

KiwwHi wrote:
I never tried to use it. Could be helpful, maybe.

http://challonge.com/

that might be something for the king of the month elimination rounds but im not sure if the best four fight it out like this or in a table as well.
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:21 am

And what about this kind of tournament ? Would it be relevant/useful ?
We could use the "Host a sign-up page" option and make it private.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
strat29
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Challonge.com is a great website, but it only has to ability to do bracket based tournaments. A league based format is not possible on this site. A great idea to have a king of month or a pro league for challonge.com is great.. but for that we need more players actually playing in this normal league.. i can probaly count the numbers on my hands..

Or we can have a competition every month based on bracketing... but the bad thing about this is... you don;'t spam games and learn. A new player/average player would always lose on the first round.
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 pm

No massive amounts of games means no evidence for me to implement a tourney, stats, or anything else. We can't even build up great set of 8 when players aren't willing to take the hits that an RTS requires for one to become gosu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League table website?   League table website? Empty

Back to top Go down

League table website?
Page 1 of 1