InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best MoW:AS Moments?

Go down 
+3
Inuki
tom_sawyer
Wunel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

Best MoW:AS Moments? Empty
PostSubject: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 am

So lets hear some stories of your best battlefield exploits; be it a TNT drop that destroyed a Tiger or that time you micro'd a lone paratrooper and killed 6 guys and a 222 with a single AT grenade.

My current favourite is from a tanks w/ tracks only 4v4 Combat match where I learned that Hellcats are fun. Took out 3 StuGs, a Hetzer and an ill-fated P4H which was stuck on a rock in their spawn in a single run of the map from left to right without stopping.

Last edited by Wunel on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 am

Wow, a single run!! That's pretty incredible. I'll have to think a bit before I can remember any of my exploits, but in a more general sense, I would have to say that vehicle rushes are pretty fantastic. Any time you can get a 222 or a Greyhound behind enemy lines is a good day.

Actually, I do remember a time when I was playing a 1v1 against a friend on Hills (I believe that's what it's called... a road through the middle with a windmill on one hill.) and I was the Germans. I snuck a veteran sniper behind his lines and managed to snipe the crew off a Nebel, commandeer it, and fire a salvo into his troops before destroying it. Needless to say, that sniper received the Iron Cross!
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah that's Hills, I loathe that map. Every time I've played it's been against Germany and it's a constant spam of StuHs and F1s, sigh. I got the Hellcat kills with APCR rounds, basically I got lucky that none of them except the P4 had turrets so I could get close behind them easily.

That's some nice sniper play, I always keep mine well back of the lines, just picking off sandbag garrison infantry. I really love Inuki's LPs where he sneaks a commando or something behind enemy lines, it's always really entertaining. I recall a commentary he did where someone snuck a commando around and commandeered a flak 38 and took out a tank. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm

My best moments are usually somewhere in the fun times section of my videos.

However there was one moment that was not captured. 5v5 Train station DLC in house game. I was still feeling new to the game at this point.

It was late game US vs Russia. They had 2 IS3's out. I had given up at this point and spent my hero points on a Sherman Croc. I charged my croc down the right side of the map where the trenches are situated. I burnt loads of enemies freeing up that point for my team mate to go in but we still needed to secure one more point to stabilize.

The next action, 2 group of infantry squads were moving to the central flag point to stop us from capturing it. I cut across and again used buildings to my advantage to block the IS3 in the center. The other IS3 being on the opposite side of the map, the urban side. I burnt all of those squads. My team mate had brought in a light vehicle to try and take out the IS3. He attempted to flank it but was shot down. I used that time the turret was busy rotating and focusing on the light tank to charge it frontally and burnt it's engine.

I figured at this point my Croc will be dead. something will kill it. So I charged to the left side of the map where the 2nd IS3 was. The location for this is where the train station is. On that side of the map there is also this ramp which leads to nothing except a great MG/Sniper position. A bunch of wood for cover and an annoying place for the AI to try and move around. Tanks cannot pass up to that position. However, I didn't need to get up there. The IS3's engine was exposed to my from the bottom of that area and I just flamed up there. At the same time there were a few guys moving up behind me. I turned my croc around and flamed a whole load of guys and then started driving through the train station. I can't remember what happened after that. We won that game 99/100.

------

I really wish some other guys would record some fun times though =D Infact one guy did a whole radio operator fun times. Hope he comes here and links it Surprised
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

That's epic, flame tanks never get boring.

I had a match quite a few months ago now, a 3v3 on Village (I think, it's the one with a large white church, your "M8s and Mass Production" video was played on it). It was UK vs Germany, I was on UK and was probably the best player on our team (never a terribly good thing) and the other team was roughly equal in skill, it was a well balanced game. It came down to 98/97 in our favour with the mid point in the town neutralised. Nobody on our team was using chat except me, don't think they spoke English. I pushed to the centre with a Churchill MkVII supported by commandos and huge numbers of assault squad infantry (100CP but the Churchill was the only non infantry unit I had).

I was messaging both my allies and pinging the centre trying to get then to just rush everything they had into this hectic firefight between my quickly tracked Churchill, a squad of commandos cowering around it and a seemingly endless array of Fallschirmjaegers, P4Hs and the occasional Panther. I lost the Churchill to a Panther but destroyed that with my final round, this from about 30 meters away.

I got the commandos in and around the zone, desperately bringing up reinforcements man by man from wherever I could take them and trying to micro everyone to avoid grenades and get into craters, you know how it goes. I had bought a second Churchill immediately after the first went down but by the time it arrived my commandos and most of the giant assault squad (about 25 men by my count) had been torn to pieces by MG42s and HE rounds from their tanks and I'd retreated without capturing the zone to try and save my dwindling MP for the next push.

It was still 98/97 after 5 minutes of continuous urban engagement, several units were actually out of ammunition and had to be micro'd to get more. By this point I had been pinging the centre for about 3-4 minutes straight trying to get my allies to bring their spare infantry and tanks to help me. Finally, as I was microing rifle grenades to prevent the enemy from taking the zone, my allies arrived with almost all of their forces.

This took the forces engaged solely in this battle for the mid at this point to the following:
1 Churchill, 1 Archer, 2 M4A4/Shermans and a Daimler for our tank support and an unidentifiable mess of about 30 infantry, mostly smgs.

2 Panthers, 2 P4Hs, 1 StuG, 1 StuH and a 222 for the enemy armour, with probably 20-25 assorted infantry including a full squad of panzergrenadiers who arrived at the same time as my allies.

I couldn't effectively describe even half of what happened in the next 3 minutes, but it included my Churchill punching a 75mm APCR round through the back of my ally's Daimler as it attempted to scoot nimbly behind cover via way of my barrel, though doubtless my ally wouldn't put it quite like that.

There was also the demise of my Churchill in a ball of flames as the Panthers hammered it; between both of my tanks they must have absorbed at least 2 dozen rounds from an assortment of medium/heavy tanks, I was very impressed - their rather underwhelming track armour is another matter.

As our tanks exchanged shells the zone itself passed between our teams countless times; often one side would nearly finish the capture before being pushed off, only to briefly regain control before their flag had even fallen completely. This cycle was repeated so many times I thought it would come down to one side simply running out of troops.

Finally my ally's Archer knocked out 1 Panther and a recently purchased Firefly took out the other one, their P4s moved back a bit and we gained ground. Collectively, with the synchronicity of a hivemind, we rushed infantry into the zone, taking every bit of cover we could find and just hoping we had enough men to survive the StuH bombardment long enough to finish capping. At around 80% completion the 222 made its way back into the area from the far right (coming into view as it reached the church). This quickly ended our painfully close bid to end the game, wiping out 8-9 men and clearing the zone.

The flag went back to neutral and it was anybody's game again.

However this time it seemed like the Germans were actually out of MP, with the 222 swiftly taken out by an M4A4 we moved infantry back into the zone and, barring the tanks, there was nothing that challenged us. I suspect that the StuH either ran out of ammunition or retreated in fear of the Firefly's range because we only received a couple of shells from it which failed to inflict casualties.

We took the zone just in time to see a rush of volksturm supported by their remaining tanks (the StuG was nowhere to be seen, possibly retreated for repairs). They died in the unique manner of which only Volksturm and other conscript-tier units are capable: without firing a shot and within a second of each other.

The game was effectively ours, gg's were sent and received (including my previously silent teammates) and that concluded the greatest game of MOWAS I have ever played.
Back to top Go down
vonPlosc
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

That, my dear firend, really sound impressive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

vonPlosc wrote:
That, my dear firend, really sound impressive Very Happy

Reading it again, it's a lot of text but oh well, I like reading long AARs, something I picked up when I joined a clan in Medievall II and people would post them on the clan forum. By all means please share your own favourite battles, I'd love to read them.
Back to top Go down
vonPlosc
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 am

I'm not really a good MOWAS player, I mean, I like the game. Watching Inuki's cast, is something which infuriates my boss, because id rather watch than work. Very Happy
I don't really own the game, I played it often from the computer of a friend against my brother, or other friends but I always got beaten.
But I really like watching these games, they are highly entertaining and, well I think I don't have to mention, I love the volume of stuff you can do (blow up) in this game. And the style with which it is done is quite nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 am

I'm not a fantastic player myself, probably a little above average if that. I just love the game, the idea that you might lose a soldier from a tank shell that has bounced off a wall is awesome.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 am

Wunel wrote:

I had a match quite a few months ago now, a 3v3 on Village (I think, it's the one with a large white church, your "M8s and Mass Production" video was played on it).

I believe that one is Grand Suburbs...The one with the middle point that's sandwiched between two rows of buildings that always get completely decimated?

That's pretty amazing! I really like that map; I had a great game as the UK as well, where my 17 pounder managed to take out 2 T34s (I was covering that center lane), and my Archer, after being tracked, with some direct control and luck, managed to get a beautiful engine shot on a tank, through those heavy sandbags next to the church, through the wreck of a previously destroyed tank.

Also, as a tip for the Hills map, if you ever end up playing it again, M19s are fantastic... they can take out any infantry they throw at you, and light vehicles as well. I killed 2 Pumas with my M19 in one game, as long as you maneuver them well.

I'll try to get some good radio op stories as well. I love radio ops.
Back to top Go down
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 am

I think a favorite "fun time" of mine is when I was DCing a Sherman 76 on a map I don't remember, but I was looking ahead instead of seeing where my tank was moving. I saw an opening on the side of a panther and I was going to kill it come hell or high water. I raced forward, and then my aiming reticule bounced, and then started moving in a strange manner. I looked back to see I had hit a rather large rock which made my tank flip over and roll sideways down the hill I was on, only to land back on my treads for a kill shot on the flanked panther.

Honestly to this day I have no idea how it happened.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:29 am

OttoSkorzeny wrote:
I think a favorite "fun time" of mine is when I was DCing a Sherman 76 on a map I don't remember, but I was looking ahead instead of seeing where my tank was moving. I saw an opening on the side of a panther and I was going to kill it come hell or high water. I raced forward, and then my aiming reticule bounced, and then started moving in a strange manner. I looked back to see I had hit a rather large rock which made my tank flip over and roll sideways down the hill I was on, only to land back on my treads for a kill shot on the flanked panther.

Honestly to this day I have no idea how it happened.

Now THAT is pretty hilarious. I also heard about this guy who had his tank blown into the air by Sturmtiger and then promptly blown out of the air by a Nashorn. I'm not sure if it really happened, but I wouldn't be surprised!
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 am

tom_sawyer wrote:
Now THAT is pretty hilarious. I also heard about this guy who had his tank blown into the air by Sturmtiger and then promptly blown out of the air by a Nashorn. I'm not sure if it really happened, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Yeah, I heard of this one too !
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

Sawyer: Yeah, Grand Suburbs would be right actually.

lol Otto, I've had more than a few occasions where I've been DCing a tank and my reticule has been on an enemy far away so I couldn't see my own vehicle, whenever I combine that with trying to move towards them I seem to leave a path of destruction through my own sandbags and heavy cover.
Back to top Go down
vonPlosc
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Wunel wrote:
Sawyer: Yeah, Grand Suburbs would be right actually.

lol Otto, I've had more than a few occasions where I've been DCing a tank and my reticule has been on an enemy far away so I couldn't see my own vehicle, whenever I combine that with trying to move towards them I seem to leave a path of destruction through my own sandbags and heavy cover.

And dead soldiers, who just wouldn't get out of the way. This is sparta style Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah, I've run over more than a few soldiers who didn't move out of my tank's way while I was DCing it. Their deaths will forever remain undignified and forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Millitron
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 am

I was LAN'ing with a friend who was new to the game. It was on the 2v2 Frontlines map in the jungle. I was soviets, he was commonwealth. I tried to drive a T70 across the wooden bridge, it bugged out and flung my T70 easily 20m into the air. While it was up there, an churchill AA spotted it and killed it in mid air.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

Millitron wrote:
While it was up there, an churchill AA spotted it and killed it in mid air.

I've never had a mid-air kill, or even seen one, I feel left out. Might see if I can engineer it in skirmish or a NeverEndingBattle (ever wanted to defend a line against hordes of enemies?) map.

I don't get much frontlines either which is a pity because it's probably my favourite mode, I love breaking a line just as much as holding one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best MoW:AS Moments?   Best MoW:AS Moments? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best MoW:AS Moments?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InukiTV :: RTS - Real Time Strategy :: Men of War : Assault Squad-
Jump to: