InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A request from a fan

Go down 
+4
Inuki
Wunel
tom_sawyer
OttoSkorzeny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

A request from a fan Empty
PostSubject: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 am

I understand coordinating peoples schedules is not an easy task and really it comes down to a matter of luck to get the right people on at the same time and willing to play a game together, but there really shouldn't be any of those walk over games. You haven't had any in a while now, but a few months ago I stopped watching because it just seemed like it was either a walk over or beginner level players playing beginner level players (which was fun in a way, but really frustrating as I found myself questioning my computer monitor why they didn't do this or do that.)

Also if I may say you have a talent for commentating in a way that makes it fun to watch and also you have a distinct voice to boot, so I do enjoy watching your videos, but only when the competition is worth watching.

Cheers,

Otto
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 am

Yeah, I remember there were a few games which were over in 20 mins, and relatively boring, but in my opinion Inuki's recent stuff is pretty good competition-wise, and he has started including a lot more comments on tactics or pointing out interesting features on the map that make them worthwhile. Well, they're already worthwhile because, as you said, they're really fun to watch Very Happy

Anyway, just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 pm

I do recall a period of about a month or so were there was a string of games that were no longer than 25 mins, some only 15. But there's nothing much you can do really, unlike in CoH we don't have a replay system where casters can pick great replays, he's got to record whatever is put in front of him basically.

Why don't we get a start on perhaps organising a game with the people from this forum? If people can list their timezone we might be able to work stuff out. Oh and tell your friends about the site if they watch game commentaries, show them the fun times videos and stuff. The more people we can get on this forum the more games we can organise and the better the discussion will be in general.

I'm in GMT+10
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:25 pm

I do not organize players. They organize themselves and give me a shout to come record.

As a rule of watching thumb you can tell which games are probably worth watching and which ones are not. Short videos are probably stomps. Long videos are probably not. Also look at the intro for players names you may know =)

It tends to be that I record the same faces though. So whilst one game might be a stomp a rematch between the same players could pan out differently. There were quite a few stomps in the MoWAS tournament but I think it was, possibly hopefully in my none-expert opinion of watching InukiTV, still exciting because of the context of the games.

If we had some best of 3's or 5's some of the games might be stomps but in the overall scheme of things...still worth watching. But I would say that wouldn't I!

anywho. I'm not the guy organizing the players =)
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:40 am

Inuki, what exactly is the best way to send you a message to come cast? And are you generally free, or do we just let you know and hope you are? I don't have the software or experience to record it myself and send it to you, but with a bit of help or some YouTube searching I'm sure I could find out how.

I'm in GMT + 1:00 (I suppose that's right...Western Europe?) However, I have a really tight schedule, so I only play on weekends. But I'd be happy to play a game or two if we get it organized.

Last edited by tom_sawyer on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Murska
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 am

I'm in Finland, GMT+2. I'd like to play some games at some point, though I'm not elite-level. Razz

Of course, I'm currently busy with the Army but I've got days off most weekends so, yeah. Then. Friending me (Murska, on Inuki's friendlist) on Steam and poking me is one way to get in touch I guess.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

I'm a uni student so I'm free most days and for a lot of hours, enrollment opens tomorrow so I'll have a better idea then.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:51 am

tom_sawyer wrote:
Inuki, what exactly is the best way to send you a message to come cast? And are you generally free, or do we just let you know and hope you are? I don't have the software or experience to record it myself and send it to you, but with a bit of help or some YouTube searching I'm sure I could find out how.

I'm in GMT + 1:00 (I suppose that's right...Western Europe?) However, I have a really tight schedule, so I only play on weekends. But I'd be happy to play a game or two if we get it organized.

Steam is the best way. My steam is open to all provided your most recent games are not team fortress 2.
Back to top Go down
Choso
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:00 am

I guess u could totally organize shit via this forum.
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 am

Well, for now there's only 16 people on this forum. Compared to the 362 of the Steam group... But eh, why not trying when there will be more members !
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

Perhaps some game give aways might encourage peoples to join the forum, organise, and do a small league.
Back to top Go down
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 am

Inuki wrote:
and do a small league.

I think that's what a lot of people want (speaking for some of the old timers) but just don't have the patience to organize.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:54 am

I wouldn't be able to do it alone. I'd need someone to gather all the players together and sort times out. We could perhaps see if we can get players to put some money together and I'll throw in some cash/prizes of my own too. Then distribute them between 1st/2nd and 3rd place in the league.

8 players tops. 1v1. It's more certain to happen with less people. I will ask a few of the top players and see what they think.
Back to top Go down
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:05 am

Well I'm sure that would be fun but unfortunately in such a tournament I wouldn't take part, nor any of my group of friends. (Not saying this in a way like "It's not what I imagined, I'm taking my friends and leaving")

Problem is for me is I'm just not a 1v1 player, nor are any of my players.

If you'd like to put your name to a small league which involves some of the bigger names I'm sure we'd love to be apart, 2v2s and 3v3s would be fun. I think it would give a boost to your viewing and perhaps a boost to the community. No prizes necessary, just a friendly tournament. I'd certainly be willing to help organize. I know most of the vets fairly well (aside from the Russian players) and some of the new up and coming players.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:52 am

the last 2v2 tournament in MoWAS certain players didn't show which meant that team couldn't play. If just one person can't show to a 3v3 then the 3v3 doesn't happen. It's hard for players to organise themselves to do that.

---

IF someone else feels like they can organise that and could use my help to do so. Then go ahead! I know what I can and cannot do though. I simply can't force people to arrive at the time of their game though =)
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 am

I'm a total noob and I don't know anyone but if I can help, I will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:10 am

I'm keen to help out, I think 1v1's are definitely more practical, though not as much fun. It's a different style of gameplay and can be a lot of fun. I'd join.
Back to top Go down
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Inuki wrote:
the last 2v2 tournament in MoWAS certain players didn't show which meant that team couldn't play. If just one person can't show to a 3v3 then the 3v3 doesn't happen. It's hard for players to organise themselves to do that.

---

IF someone else feels like they can organise that and could use my help to do so. Then go ahead! I know what I can and cannot do though. I simply can't force people to arrive at the time of their game though =)

It's quite simple, enforce a forfeit or drop it to a 2v2. But let the opposing factions decide when they will be playing their match, so if someone suddenly cannot make it then it's their own fault and not that of the league.

But still it does come down to what you're comfortable with and what you're prepared to do. So I acquiesce.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

The enforced forfeit method works but it's also about getting others to be happy with that. If you had a team of 3 and 1 person didn't show up, you and your remaining team mate are forced out of the tournament and lose any chance to win a prize just because 1 person couldn't make it to the game. You're penalised for the failure of someone else.

If people can deal with that then all well and good, wouldn't bother me much, but I can understand why it would annoy people.
Back to top Go down
Choso
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Yeah, this could be very interesting. First of all, we should make a poll where people can state what day and time they most preferably wanna play.

1 v 1 would be the most safe option and i guess when i start to know more of u guys who knows we might wanna team up?
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm

The problem with the last tournament is that 3 teams didn't show which meant an instant win for the other team. I don't care about how fair or not fair it is at this point. What I care about is

1) The players didn't care enough about the work I was putting in for that special event. I could have just recorded random games.

2) The tournament itself wasn't much of a tournament when only round 1 was played. It may as well have been random games.

I need players who are interested in playing to make a tournament or league work. Which I havn't seen unfortunately. Theres a few regulars on at the moment but not as many as there were when I did the MoWAS tournament. So I see less of a chance of it happening. Which is why I suggested 1v1. Finding 8 people will be hard. 16 sounds impossible.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 pm

I understand your frustration, I appreciate the extra effort that a tournament takes, I've had similar experiences planning team-based events in the real world.

I can assure you that I would play any game I was scheduled to play, ditto for another person I might be able to get interested. I'll actively promote this because I'd really like to get some more people both on this forum and up for a tournament. If we organise it through here we can try to make people aware of the importance of their playing the games they are supposed to play.

Choso, the poll is a good idea, it would help group people a little better when it comes to planning. I assume most people would prefer the weekend but there will be some people who can play other times.
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

Whatever you're planning as tournament, 1v1 2v2 or 3v3, you can count on me and probably one or two friends of mine !
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Want a leauge that is just about playing games and seeing who is roughly improving? You guys can make it happen but it's going to take some foot work since we don't have replays or a site programmed but you can make it happen with a couple of people who have access to an excel spreadsheet and posting screenshots to here or imgur albums.

So you can either have an index of friend groups that are willing to play and pool points or just an index of names for 1v1s. (Seriously, 1v1s and not pussing about it is so much easier.)
When players wish to have a game they, in a topic, both post that they're going to have a match. Screen shot of them agreeing in the lobby with the posts used as a time stamp for games just played. Once someone loses they screen shot their "GG - concede" message or the games final score.

So given you have players who aren't smurfing and you have players willing to report in a forum thread you can get something simple going like players who win get 3 points. An agreed upon draw is a 1-1 for a waste of time. Lets say a draw is when both players are above 50 percent of the max score at time of a crash SS'd. Could even give 2 points if both players are at 90 - 99 percent of max score. And 3 to the victory and 1 to a loss because at least you're making games happen.

So now you have data showing who is playing what maps, factions, and where, and how many times they're playing. Finally real data that can show progress. But a game spam system can be spamed much like what's already in place. So something like after 3 or 5 games in a post score will drop down to just 1-1 or 1-0 per game to get players to try to attack different people. Something for calling out people to play could happen. To be more concise; A lot of neat things could happen if there is an active draw that comes from friendly point pushing competing including tournaments because game spam would be a perfect trainer.

Sample rule set:
1v1
Prearranged teams
* Players need to use one and ONLY one name.
** For team games both teams would need to state their team name and have names that are on a roster that staff has. Smurfs are a no-go.

Map List on Assault Zones allowed:
X map
Y map
Z map
(should have a map pool containing at least 5-7 maps)

Faction Match ups:
Axis Vs allies
(or no mirrors)
(or no faction X because of glaring issue)

Point System
Fully played games
Win - 3 points
Loss - 1 (perhaps 2?)
Disconnect before both players hit ~ 50
0 for both players
Disconnect after both players are ~ 50
1 point for both player

*Judges hold the right to award players win points based upon evidence of exploiting/cheating the system

Points are tallied up each month and reported in an Inuki game report and sticky topic on the forum showing which team or players are doing well and who is king of the month.

Reporting format
Both sides need to post within 5mins of each other before a match happens and must have a way to take screen shots such as Fraps (use google, jerk!)
A player must screen shot the end of the round score screen or the loser clearly stating ""GG concede" meaning they're without a doubt ending the round.
Both parties should screen shot these results.

Staff
At least three people should be watching over this system and if they wish to push points themselves they should give up any sort of king of the month position even if they still wish to get games going. These people hold the authority to, using evidence from forum results, award points where need be and if by request of players act as a spectator/judge for challenges and what not.

Recording
Recording games for the sake of proof would be excellent and would help hurry along issues. Not everyone can do this. As for recording for the sake of making money, smack, or whatever else that doesn't have to do with reporting games it should be agreed upon that a game is posted. The whole idea is to keep people playing instead of not wanting to play.

So, with something like this I think two strangers in the night can attempt to get some meaningful games going without having a report website, an automatch, or other tools. Ya know, the community made basics. Use this, mod this, whatever, if you guys can get games going well then, GL HF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A request from a fan   A request from a fan Empty

Back to top Go down

A request from a fan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InukiTV :: RTS - Real Time Strategy :: Men of War : Assault Squad-
Jump to: