InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Better Late than never

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LabradorMG
Pleb
Pleb

Better Late than never Empty
PostSubject: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 am

Hi guys,

I'm new to company of heroes, and i suppose you could say pretty new to the RTS genre in general. I used to play games like RA2 and CC, but that was a long time ago. Thanks to a great offer on steam not so long ago i stumbled into COH and just fell in love with the rts genre all over again. Any who, i'm writing this looking for help finding some good info locations for the very basics of the game. In Inuki's commentaries I often hear him talk about flamers doing bonus 50% dmg against opponents in heavy cover, I understand this and will try to remember, but I'd like a place that spells it out for newbs like me. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Here are some tips, randomly selected as I remember them.

Never lose a squad
Flank the ennemy if you can, to "destroy" their cover bonus
Never lose any squad
Retrat from an engagment you can't win or if the renforcements are too far away
Try using shortcuts, or at least the "tabs" on the bottom right
To command multiple units at the same time, use the tactical map, it's very useful and you can easily get what's going on
Never lose any fucking squad
Fuel, fuel, fuel
Place mines, you gotta luv it
Cut the ennemy supplies by caping strategic points
Keep harassing, never stay in your base preparing a big army
FUCKING NEVER LOSE IT !
Consider the ennemy forces, and try to predict whenever they're going to have their first medium/heavy vehicule
Always micro your sniper carefully, never let him fire alone

After these few ones, there are some tips available to only a faction or another.

Wehr :
If you are against a brit, go Blitzkrieg and get a Stuh42. Only go tier2 and get some schrecks. Spend the other fuel on your units vet
Volks are better at long range. Don't let the us infantery get close
MG42 ♥

US :
Be agressive, charge the ennemy volks are you're better at close range. Preferably with a flame as support
Upgrade a greyhound following this order : Skirts, MG

Brits :
Keep your LT and Captain alive ! They're worth it

PE :
Never really played them, but the panzergrenadiers spam seems to be quite a good strategy in early-mid game
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

I was just playing a Brit game with my brother, for the life of me I couldn't work out exactly what the Lt and Cpt did other than unlock the next buildings.
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 am

They're priority targets for the following reasons.

LT :
Vet 0 : Basic command bonus = Accuracy +30% ; Damage + 15% ; Removes speed penalty
Vet 1 : +15 Lt's health ; Heroic Charge available ; -25% chances of being hit
Vet 2 : Enhanced command bonus = Accuracu +50% ; Damage +18% ; Firing rate +48% ; Reload time -11%
Vet 3 : -25% chances of being hit ; +4 population ; +80xp (1 command point) if you've not already reach your maximum

CPT :
Vet 0 : Basic command bonus = +20% damage redution ; +50% less suppression ; slow health regen ; +50% health for emplacements
Vet 1 : +20 Cpt's health
Vet 2 : Enhanced command bonus = +20% damage reduction ; +75% less suppression ; +15% maximum health ; doubled health regen ; +125% health for emplacements
Vet 3 : +80% munitions or fuel, depending on the sector income, cumulative with all other bonuses

The Lt's bonuses apply to units within a range of 30 meters I think, or the units he's linked to. It's possible to stack up to 3 Lt's to a single unit. This units therefore has +88% accuracy, +85% firing rate and +10% reload speed. It works for every infantery units and every weapons (Rifle nade, PIATs, etc.).
The Cpt's bonuses are simply applying to the sector he's in. you can see it on the minimap, the sector with the Cpt will go green. It can provides a secondary rally point.

Both officers gain veterancy with their own kills and the kills their infantery are doing.
Back to top Go down
LabradorMG
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 am

Kiwwhi-

Awesome posts ! thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I'm certainly under the impression I should not allow a squad to die that much is clear haha. The info about being aggressive with the American forces is sure to be of help as well. Regarding the technical information such as the info you provided about the Brit veteran bonuses, is there a site you would recommend I visit that would cover some of my newbish questions about stuff like cover, range, vet bonus, and a myriad of other things I'm sure i will attribute my current shortcomings in this terrific game.

Cheers and thanks again!
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 am

Well, if you want to know everything about CoH go here !
That's where I get the informations about the Brits.

http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_Wiki

This wiki covers almost everything you have to know about the differents units - though playing is the best school.
I also recommand you to check out this part of the GameReplays website, dedicated to tips and strategies.

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=strategies

And, also, watch every single video of Inuki What a Face
No kidding, just trying to immitate the high-level players makes you understand quicker how they act this way and why.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Kiww, that explains a lot. Do they vet up from the kills of units they're attached too?
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

Either attached and in range, I guess.
Same thing for the Cromwell command tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than never   Better Late than never Empty

Back to top Go down

Better Late than never
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InukiTV :: RTS - Real Time Strategy :: Company of Heroes-
Jump to: