InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll

Go down 
+9
triumph
Thompson-Nagant
Wunel
GAdvance
Choso
tom_sawyer
XFriendlyFireX
Millitron
Inuki
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you play in the Men of War AS League?
Yes
MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Vote_lcap100%MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Vote_rcap
 100% [ 13 ]
No
MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Vote_lcap0%MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Empty
PostSubject: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 am

Triumph wants to know how many people would be interested in doing this.... bounce

If you've voted yes please just post your in-game name here =)
Back to top Go down
Millitron
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 am

I voted yes. In-game name is Millitron.

Just wondering though, what are the rules of the league going to be?

1v1? 2v2?
Best of 3? Best of 5?
Back to top Go down
XFriendlyFireX
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:21 am

Sure I'll play, in-game is XFriendlyFireX.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 am

Well, I'm not nearly good enough to get anywhere in a league, but heck, anything to promote a playing community! My in game name is gamer_tomsawyer.
Back to top Go down
Choso
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 am

Hell yeah!

Game name is Choso_me
Back to top Go down
GAdvance
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:44 pm

i would sure and im certain i could get a few people in, [problem will be getting people to play, i only ever managed to get about 8 of a 20 game tourney going but hey you can try and people will want it
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm

I play under Enskie.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 pm

One question: Will this require that we play on a very regular basis? I can play sporadically- sometimes a few times a week, often only 2 or 3 games on the weekend. I'm always open to playing against anyone, but I'm just wondering if there's some "small print" sell you soul commitment idea Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thompson-Nagant
Pleb
Pleb
Thompson-Nagant

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm

The idea might be that you can play whenever you want, how often/rarely you want and if you want; against players your own skill level (judged by the league ranking system) depending on how it will be implemented, we will see.

Last edited by Thompson-Nagant on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Though of course the more games we have the better the games will become, more entertaining, better casts for Inuki and much more interesting to play.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am

Wunel wrote:
Though of course the more games we have the better the games will become, more entertaining, better casts for Inuki and much more interesting to play.
That is indeed true! All right, thanks Thompson- of course I'm in support!
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 am

Also I know pretty much nothing about doing a league. I'm just a video maker/producer. So pointless asking me for details =)
Back to top Go down
GAdvance
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 am

first of you'd have to decide how big the league is going to be player wise and what it plays, assault zones obviously but what maps are deemed ok and what arent aswell as wether it should be 1v1 or a team game. after that you have to choose how you want the games to be done ie do you give people set times and dates and if they dont show up give the win to whoever does or are you going to say you are playing so and so before whenever and they can message you before that saying when they can play?
Back to top Go down
Millitron
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 am

GAdvance wrote:
assault zones obviously
No love for Frontlines? Sad
Back to top Go down
GAdvance
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 am

Millitron wrote:
GAdvance wrote:
assault zones obviously
i love frontlines but its crashes alot, if you can get round that then its cool but how do you put it into a league formula one game of frontlines vs each other player and one game of AS vs each other player?
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 am

Thats mostly for a tournament. The best solution is for players to be able to freely shout out to the player list and ask for a match using the system. The idea is that no matter who you are you should be able to get a game going as fast as you can and report results as soon as you can.

Tbh Frontlines as a game mode is pretty broken.
Back to top Go down
Millitron
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 am

GAdvance wrote:
Millitron wrote:
GAdvance wrote:
assault zones obviously
i love frontlines but its crashes alot, if you can get round that then its cool but how do you put it into a league formula one game of frontlines vs each other player and one game of AS vs each other player?
I don't know how you'd do it, maybe a separate mini-league, like the NFL pre-season.

Though it probably doesn't have enough maps. If I remember correctly, there's only 1 1v1 Frontlines map in the non-GOTY edition of the game.

triumph wrote:

Tbh Frontlines as a game mode is pretty broken.
What's so broken about Frontlines?
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:07 am

Theres too much talk of big ambitious projects. Keep it small and improve the chances of it succeeding. Then when that works you can be confident that a bigger project will also work. No point suggesting 2 leagues when we have none produced by anyone at the moment. If you can't get one of those right then how can we expect to juggle 2.

And by we I mean everyone that isn't me because I'm just a video guy xD
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 am

Quote :

What's so broken about Frontlines?
It's thrown in like combat. There is nothing designed for it.
Back to top Go down
GAdvance
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am

ok so it should be a voluntary list that anyone can jump on and ask any of the others to play at any time so games are easy to get? if thats how its going to be done a limit of games that count should be put so two people cant just play each other 9 times in a row to bump themselves up the leaderboard and a time limit of a month or so put on to determine who wins by the end of that "season"
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:35 am

Could put a BO3 per day using GMT time zone. I would worry more about players dodging to maintain high score even with a challenge system though.

At worst we can invite the top 4, 6, or 8 to play off for king of the month.
Back to top Go down
GAdvance
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 am

well if you dodge games you cant get any wins though so i dont think it will be to big a deal
Back to top Go down
OttoSkorzeny
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:34 am

[THE_SAW]Otto or "[BK]Otto Skorzeny" as most people know me.
Back to top Go down
Van_Camal
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am

I think that is an excellent idea! a league system would be more flexible than a tournament anyway and we get some real indication of skill rather the totally fucked up ranking system cheers

oh yeah, i would play under my ingame name "Van_Camal" of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 am

People keep messaging me for more details. I don't have any! I'm not organizing it. I will stay away from organizing it =P I don't want anymore work!

---

As for maps. Pick all the ones which are considered balanced. DLC, R5 and VanillaOriginal. I'd want to avoid seeing the same maps played over and over again though so I'd recommend having a rotation of those maps per week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll   MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

MoWAS - League Participation Demand Poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next