InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

February League announcement

Go down 
+2
Wunel
triumph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

February League announcement Empty
PostSubject: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 pm

February League announcement:
Welcome to the first attempt at having a league.

The point of this is for players to be able to play games without teamstacks while they LEARN AND GROW.
1v1 on this map rotation is not equal the standard boring matches on reloading point.

This will be open for sign ups and play until the 28th when scores will be tallied up for month Feb.
Please read and understand all the info before making a submission.
Questions and issue discussions are welcome.

Use this thread for Q&A - NOT for reports or sign ups!
See requirements below for sign up and match report threads.

League positions
Triumph: Head of coordination
Inuki: Ref/Judge
Region Judges:
Americas: TBA
Europe: TBA
AUS: TBA

*Above staff are not eligible for play or invites to future tournaments

Non-English representatives
TBA

Mentors
TBA

AS league rules
League duration is from the start of a month until the last day GMT zone.

Rules:
Wins, Losses and scores must be proven with screen shots.
Losing players are expected to report their losses ASAP with screen shots.

Win = 3 points. Loss = 1.
Disconnect with a player above 50 percent score to win gives that player 1 point.
Disconnect greater than 90 percent results in two points for the player with the highest score.
Players may opt out early by clearly stating in game chat " GG concede".
Concede is defined as follows; To admit (defeat) in a contest.
A player who does concede should screen shot themselves conceding and report a loss promptly.
When score reaches 100 please wait 60 seconds for both players to take screen shots.
Game hosts who shut down matches quickly will suffer penalties!
Please do not be poorly mannered and call a "GG" for an opponent.
Staff reserves the right to add or subtract score in the event of cheating, exploitation, and so on. Players must be able to prove their win or loss.

Wins, Losses and scores must be proven with screen shots.
Losing players are expected to report their losses ASAP with screen shots.

Recordings may also be used in conjunction with screen shots.
Try using Fraps to take screen shots @ http://www.fraps.com/

In game rules & Map List

Regular AS Maps:
Bocage
Tramway Depot
Workshop

DLC:
Any 1v1 DLC map

Custom Maps:
Anything listed 1v1 for the free updated map pack R5

* Try out DLC and R5 maps to see what works very well. Make requests on the forum for 1v1's to get upgraded with additional spawns. A small custom map pack can be made easily.
** maps are not yet set in stone for the final season

Map and faction rules are TBA. Expect to use the Free updated map pack R5 (for more information check the steam community guides tab).
Score to win must be set to 100 for 2 players and a maximum of one spectator.
For a 1v1 with two spectators score to win should be set to 50 to avoid issues with additional players altering the score to win system.
*Outside spectators may be declined if a player wishes however....
**Staff reserves right to sit in on games and not spawn units to preserve fair play.

Excessive dropping/disconnecting will not be tolerated.
Players will not be expected to have to play games with a party that has a ping averaging at 300 or greater.
Players are allowed to use the minimum bandwidth setting as they please and it is recommended if pings are on average greater than 250 or spiking above 300.

Settings are expected to be on competitive.
Income and CP should remain standard.
Any Screen Shots showing otherwise will result in penalties and the possibility of years spent in a deep damp dungeon filled with reptiles, worms and Country music!

Hosting and match ups
No Mirror Matches such as Germany vs Germany or USA vs USA.

Try to avoid pausing after the first sixty seconds of the game. If a player requests it please do so ASAP in case of equipment failure. If a pause must last more than 120 seconds then a player should consider conceding. If you use wireless technology have a second set of equipment or batteries by your side at all times!

If a map is set to rain or night and a player requests day within the first 60 seconds the host should pause the match, confirm the request, then end the match. Upon going back to the game lobby switch to another map, and switch back. Please limit this to at most two switches as an attempt to obtain day and make sure to have the agreed upon match up.

If players cannot decide on a match up or number of rounds to play then players may call for the following as a default match up and they may use a best of 3 format using the following ruleset in addition to previously stated rules.

Round Format: Best of 3.
Default map - Farmland R5 edition
Team A (top slot) - Germany
Team B (bottom slot)- Commonwealth
Host takes team A, Challenger team B
Loser of a roundmay switch starting positions and retain faction or switch factions and retain starting position.

For example Dave and Tom have a Best of 3 (Bo3) match.

Round1
Team A - Tom Germany
Team B- Dave British

Result: Dave = Loss

Choice: Faction Swap

Round2
Team A - Tom As British
Team B - Dave As Germany

Result: Tom = Loss
Choice: Position swap

Round 3
Team A - Dave As Germany
Team B - Tom as British

Result - Victory for Tom.
Two of Three won for Tom and reported means:
3x2 + 1x1 = 7 total for Tom
3x1 + 2x1 = 5 for Dave

* Each individual game round will award score
** In the future there may be a new match up or map each month or each week

Challenges and game spamming rematches opponents
Final Rules TBA
Expect a 3-5 game limit against a single opponent for points per day in the future
Rules for dodges and challenges may also be required if players become sly and try to protect rank.

Match Reporting
(Work In Progress)
Go to the monthly topic and have screen shots of both players agreeing to a match and the final round scores.
Upload these to an image host and link to an album of images or left bracket img right bracket tag a post with IMaGe tags using the direct link to a LARGE picture.
I need to be able to read the image otherwise I will not count it. My magnifying glass is for burning army men and ants.

Requirements
1 CDkey / Gamespy ID for playing. (One and only one. Changed IDs midseason, besides case change (capital/lower case) will not be accepted)
1 Forum account on Inukis site. https://inukitv.forumotion.com
*It is best if this matches or is very similar for example Day9 and in game we have Day_9
**It will be very helpful if you have your gamespy ID in your signature.
***Offensive names will not be tolerated.
**** Characters similar to the artist formally known as Prince name will not be tolerated

Fraps or similar program used for taking screen shots
http://www.fraps.com/

The Free Updated Map Pack R5 (see DMS forum sticky topic or the following steam guide link)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121489968

https://inukitv.forumotion.com/t32-february-league-sign-up

Report thread:
https://inukitv.forumotion.com/t33-february-league-report-thread

Notes/Other
I, Triumph, can and will do whatever I please however I please whenever I please. I will ban you, pet your dog, and make you enjoy all of the Twilight movies.
Seriously, expect rules to change and make sure you understand them. reread the rules each month. Don't forget that this is all about bragging rights and also game spamming to challenge oneself while having fun. There isn't any good reason to attempt to fiddle or destroy that. And yes, everything and one is unfair.

I may have a king of the month Best of 3 (BO3) tournament using the top 4 scoring players. Perhaps there will be an invite bracket as well so we can obtain 8 total players.

And finally, play, experiment, try new maps, try new things. Remember, this is a real time strategy game. Not just thumb wars. If you find newbies, support them. If you find morons, report them. Have your own set of score files and date them.

If more maps show up at my feet I will consider compiling them into a map pack. If there are major issues then I can fix that (for example, the broken part of the HMG Evil Sausage found) and throw it in with the maps. Don't expect this soon though.

Use this thread for Q&A - NOT for reports or sign ups!

Last edited by triumph on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 pm

My ping is rarely under 300 unless I'm playing an Australian, when I host it's typically around that for other players. 300 seems too low for players to just be able to decline a match on those grounds if they don't feel like playing for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:45 pm

If both parties do not have objections they can use a middle man as a host. Otherwise I think it's time to start asking around the ANZAC steam community as a way to reach out.
Might want to talk to Bullet or Strat as those two have had parties going during what I assume to be prime time aussie hours.

Try using this link for this topic:

http://tinyurl.com/ASisfun1x1
Back to top Go down
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb
KiwwHi

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:32 am

Since we can use this thread for Q&A...

How about creating a Steam Group for this special event ? That would be easier for players to know who's online, when and if they're good to go for a match. The InukiTV groupe is quite huge.
How about using [spoiler] in the results thread ? So we don't have to load every single image when we read it.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm already part of ANZAC, I've played with Strat a few times and that's always worked out fine. I just don't tend to be online at whatever time they play most of their games, I've seen maybe 2 announcements in the last 3 months and I know they've played way more games than that.

I'll find a way to get it done.
Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Who exactly is responsible for posting the results on the thread? Winner or loser?
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm

tom_sawyer wrote:
Who exactly is responsible for posting the results on the thread? Winner or loser?
Loser preferred.

KiwwHi,
Solid ideas dude! Will implement them asap!

GROUP IS HERE bounce :
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GGsquad
Back to top Go down
Carl_the_blue
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Will there be a limit of players participating in this league and is there a deadline for signing up? Moreover, will there be a timetable for getting a curtain amount of games done in for example a week or so?
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Carl_the_blue wrote:
Will there be a limit of players participating in this league and is there a deadline for signing up? Moreover, will there be a timetable for getting a curtain amount of games done in for example a week or so?
I don't plan on doing any restrictions until there is a significant population.
Back to top Go down
AblazeInHatred
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 am

So when can we expect the League to get underway. I seem to remember a date like 28 of february, is that it or... ? How will we know our opponents and do we agree on a time and date or are these preset by an Admin ?
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 am

Quote :
This will be open for sign ups and play until the 28th when scores will be tallied up for month Feb.

You can already go and play people. I'll carry over people who have signed up for March but everyone in terms of score will be at zero on the first. I'll also end up making a new report thread for the month.

As for opponents you have to go and find them. You can use the Steam Community group or find gamers in the AS lobby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February League announcement   February League announcement Empty

Back to top Go down

February League announcement
Page 1 of 1