InukiTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)

Go down 
+4
Inuki
triumph
Wunel
handzy_aus (handzy66)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
handzy_aus (handzy66)
Pleb
Pleb
handzy_aus (handzy66)

Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) Empty
PostSubject: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:04 pm

People, please, i know i'm the only Aussie in this thing. But i'm not going to be pushed around and made to curb to your suited game times, if people are truly serious in this league they would be taking any game they got. Because in the *part no being shown due to fear* system you get a point for playing a game. Even if you lose you get a point. So every game is a small win, even if you lose all three game, you still get three points, which is a win..... Play the max amount of those, well i'm sure you all get the picture! So the main point i'm trying to raise is: i don't care if your tired, you joined this league cause you love men of war, and you are good at it, i have to wake up at ridiculous hours to play you guys, bout time you guys did it for me and made it fair. I'm not saying i want every single request for a game to be answered, but the only way you will win the league is if you PLAY MORE GAMES!

*EDIT* Discovered im the second aussie, sorry to Wunel, but im sure he feels the same!
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Well, can't say I've ever had to wake up at weird times to play people but that's because I don't really have a way for people to contact me at weird hours, otherwise I wouldn't mind doing it. How are we meant to organise games though, just PM people on here or ask in threads?
Back to top Go down
handzy_aus (handzy66)
Pleb
Pleb
handzy_aus (handzy66)

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Add them on steam and seek them out when they are 'awake' enough to play!
Back to top Go down
triumph
Pleb
Pleb
triumph

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Anyone in the group can post announcements:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GGsquad

Besides that I would go talk to people in the ANZAC group.
Back to top Go down
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:29 am

Gotcha.
Sorry I missed your message handzy, I was out but I left my computer on. Got to get my shit together.
Back to top Go down
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Wunel wrote:
Gotcha.
Sorry I missed your message handzy, I was out but I left my computer on. Got to get my shit together.

happens all the time to me. Wake up in the morning with tons of messages. people have gone offline so I can't reply to them =)
Back to top Go down
fangpiren
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 am

asked around 10 guys today, 2 answers, 8 ignored, probably some of them afk but still. ill ask later again but please, answer if u can
Back to top Go down
Carl_the_blue
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

presumable on the weekend you will have more chances to catch someone. At least i will try to be around in the morning on saturday so maybe we can then have some games. Under the week its hard for me to get something going.
Back to top Go down
fangpiren
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:14 am

This is not to be a negative post, just my impression so far why its so difficult to get more games. I know its already hard to run 1v1 ...

a problem that I could constate after playing 15 games or so is that the hardcore learning curve and the mistake unfriendlyness of MOWAS makes 1v1 games really hardcore in term of TOTAL defeat/wins. It makes very hard to find balanced games cause even a slight skillz differneces really scares you from playing people better. I could play 10 games vs guys like Strat/Staktor/Thompson and alike, pretty sure there is no way I could win 1, even give them challenge. This makes me not even wanting to ask them to play, I know its good to play vs stronger to learn but hey, noone like to be destroyed...."humiliated" haha

Coming to the conclusion that many game opportunities got refused cause people either already played toghether and had an imbalanced game, or just some people dont feel like/dont like plaiyng 1v1 at anytime

So now coming to my suggestion:
In 2v2/3v3, I might be wrong but I feel the skillz gaps are much less hardcore, come back are more possible, skillz differences arent so heavily felt. I know this game hasnt a bright future anyways, but what about mixing other game formats allowing 2v2s or even 3v3s, keeping the same personal wins/losses stats, not adding any "teeam stats" (with same rules, allowing all R5 maps). I know it might take a bit of the accuracy of the score but I think it could add more games played as many people dont like 1v1 witout adding any complexity to the potential future ranking system.

I know there is the other things organized by the bullet guy but I perosnally dislike "standard maps settings" and dislike "all units allowed". I really would prefer to play team games on R5 maps or lesser ammount of players per map.

Back to top Go down
tom_sawyer
Pleb
Pleb
tom_sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 am

fangpiren wrote:
This is not to be a negative post, just my impression so far why its so difficult to get more games. I know its already hard to run 1v1 ...

a problem that I could constate after playing 15 games or so is that the hardcore learning curve and the mistake unfriendlyness of MOWAS makes 1v1 games really hardcore in term of TOTAL defeat/wins. It makes very hard to find balanced games cause even a slight skillz differneces really scares you from playing people better. I could play 10 games vs guys like Strat/Staktor/Thompson and alike, pretty sure there is no way I could win 1, even give them challenge. This makes me not even wanting to ask them to play, I know its good to play vs stronger to learn but hey, noone like to be destroyed...."humiliated" haha

Coming to the conclusion that many game opportunities got refused cause people either already played toghether and had an imbalanced game, or just some people dont feel like/dont like plaiyng 1v1 at anytime

So now coming to my suggestion:
In 2v2/3v3, I might be wrong but I feel the skillz gaps are much less hardcore, come back are more possible, skillz differences arent so heavily felt. I know this game hasnt a bright future anyways, but what about mixing other game formats allowing 2v2s or even 3v3s, keeping the same personal wins/losses stats, not adding any "teeam stats" (with same rules, allowing all R5 maps). I know it might take a bit of the accuracy of the score but I think it could add more games played as many people dont like 1v1 witout adding any complexity to the potential future ranking system.

Yes, this! ^^^

I agree. I haven't been able to get any games in because I don't have much time available for gaming and other such activities, so I may not be one to speak, but I do find it intimidating and a bit defeating to go into a game where I know I will probably lose. I may be a pessimist, but I support the idea of 2v2. Maybe even 3v3, although that might be a bit big.
Back to top Go down
strat29
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I think the option should be there for a 2v2 i agree... the problem with 2v2 league is it is so hard to organise 4 people to be on... but if you cuold mix and match partners, that would be cool...
However i don't think the 2v2 skill gap will be changed. It is a bad feeling though if you are going up against a good player in 1v1. If you are going up against 2 good players atleast your opponent gets raped too...

But.... there should be real balanced games (not balanced based on some bs ranking).. that's the way people really learn how to play.

The anzac community have been playing balanced games - like really balanced .. for a year or so, and found that is the best way for other players to improve..
The best players go with the newbs, and the newbs won't always get raped... because of this they have time to pick up things their team mates do... or actually help the good player every now and then.

Constantly getting raped by good players or teams of good players, you learn... but not as much as playing balanced games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)   Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant) Empty

Back to top Go down

Take Games When You Can (handzy's rant)
Page 1 of 1